Monday, May 18, 2015

First/Last-Venus In Furs


"Venus In Furs blends a full band with synthesizers and vocals. The live shows are an event with dancing girls and dark, electronic rock. The band, which formed in 1994, has shared the stage with many acts including: Killing Joke, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult, Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle, Sponge, Violent Femmes."

Venus In Furs is an electronic rock band from Pittsburgh who are releasing their long awaited latest album "Blue" at the end of the month. You an preview some of the tracks live this Wednesday (5/20) at the 31st St. Pub. I want to thank Michael T. Nolan (Programming/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
“Purple Rain”.

Your last album bought?
Mastodon “Crack the Sky”.

Favorite album of all time?
The Beach Boys “Pet Sounds”.

First concert attended?
Ready for the World… it was a long time ago… don't judge!

Last concert?
Erasure.

Favorite concert ever?
Meat Beat Manifesto.

Least favorite concert?
Jack White… he gets on my nerves.


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Pittsburgh has fantastic music if you just open up and listen. I am proud to be a Pittsburgh musician.

Thanks, Michael. I am with you on Jack White. Not only do I think he is annoying as well, I just don't like his tunes.

No comments: