Monday, January 19, 2015

First/Last-Common Folk


Common Folk is a Christian folk punk duo from Orange County, NY. Currently on tour supporting their latest self-titled sophomore release, they hit Pittsburgh on Wednesday at Mr. Roboto Project. I want to thank Andrew Michael Hurey (Banjo/Vocals) and Jason Dean Uhler (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
Andrew Michael Hurey: “The End is Here” by Five Iron Frenzy.
Jason Dean Uhler: The first one I can remember buying was "Is This It" by The Strokes.


Your last album bought?
Andrew: “Dark Hearts” by Slingshot Dakota.
Jay: "2014 Tour Demos" by All People.


Favorite album of all time?
Andrew: “I Love You This is a Robbery” by Spoonboy.
Jay: "I Mississippi You" by Rosa.


Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Andrew: “First Impressions of Earth” by The Strokes.
Jay: Most disappointing would probably be “Mosquito” by YYYs. I love all of their other music.


First concert attended?
Andrew: Jars of Clay in NJ.
Jay: I really don't remember. It was a long time ago and maybe it wasn't good enough to remember.


Last concert?
Andrew: Manchester Orchestra in Brooklyn.
Jay: Westbound Train, The Slackers, The Pietasters, and Mephiskapheles at the Starland Ballroom.


Favorite concert ever?
Andrew: Defiance Ohio in Purchase, NY.
Jay: Two Gallants/Papa at the Bowery Ballroom.


Least favorite concert?
Andrew: Los Huevos at the Tuscan Cafe in Warwick, NY.
Jay: Phish. It wasn't my fault. Really, I was forced to go.


Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Andrew: I've never been there, but I've heard from a lot of people that it is a fun, great, city.
Jay: My friend Jeremy lives there and he swears it is not a s***hole.

Thanks, fellas. I am with Jeremy, Jay. Pittsburgh is DEFINITELY not a shithole... unless you happen to be caught on the Southside at 1am on a Saturday... then it comes close.

No comments: