Tuesday, December 2, 2014

First/Last-Full Moon Revival


"The Full Moon Revival is a rock band originating from Pittsburgh, PA. Their songwriting draws heavily on their roots in a wide variety of music including rock, blues, punk, metal and bluegrass, creating an edgy and unique "deep fried" throw back sound. Their approach is to blend multiple genres and play honest, clean and loud... the way Rock and Roll was intended."

Full Moon Revival is a blues-rock quartet from Pittsburgh who just released their fantastic debut EP, "She Drinks Whiskey". I want to thank founding members Keith Mularski (Bass) and Mike Eubanks (Guitar/Piano) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
Keith Mularski: I think it was one of the U.S. release Beatle Albums called "Meet the Beatles."
Mike Eubanks: The Police “Outlandos D’Amour” (On Vinyl!)


Your last album bought?
Keith:  G.Love & Special Sauce's "Sugar". The buzzsaw slide that opens up ‘Come Up Man’ just hooked me.
Mike: North Mississippi Allstars “World Boogie is Coming”.


Favorite album of all time?
Keith: That's a tough one to pick! It would have to be between The Beatle's “Rubber Soul”, or “Abbey Road”. Side two of “Abbey Road” though is definitely the best one side of any album.
Mike: Lyle Lovett “Joshua Judges Ruth”.


Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Keith: Any Van Halen album after “For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge”.
Mike: Eric Clapton “August”… that being said, some of my favorite albums are Clapton.


First concert attended?
Keith: Van Halen ‘5150’.
Mike: Beach Boys with Jimmy Page and Joan Jett in Washington DC, July 4,1985.


Last concert?
Keith: Seeing the Pittsburgh based country band, North of Mason Dixon (NoMAD). I've known those guys a long time and they're such great musicians.
Mike: It was supposed to be BB King, who had to cancel his tour date in Pittsburgh… however, I have two unused tickets.
The last one I actually attended was Joe Bonamassa at the Benedum Center.


Favorite concert ever?
Keith: I saw Butch Walker at the House of Blues in Cleveland a few years ago and it blew my mind. I never saw so much energy at a concert. If you ever get a chance go. See him, he's incredible live.
Mike: Springsteen in ’87… thought I’d hate it and it was fantastic.


Least favorite concert?
Keith: I got dragged to a Jimmy Buffet concert awhile back. It's just not my thing.
Mike: I haven’t seen  a live show I didn’t like.


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Keith: Pittsburgh is awesome! Hands down, it's the coolest city around, IMO. The food and craft beer places are like nowhere else.
Mike: Pittsburgh offers major arts, culture and sports and yet has the feel of a town… which is a good thing. Pittsburgh does not have a "disconnected feel" like so many cities throughout the U.S. Plus, having traveled the world at least twice, I’d say Pittsburgh is easily one of the top cities in the world to live in.


Thanks, guys. Totally digging the EP. Looking forward to seeing you play out live soon. Also, that is one helluva first show there, Mike. What a weird, but very cool bill.

No comments: