Wednesday, July 23, 2014

First/Last-Jeremy Caywood


"Pittsburgh based Singer/Songwriter expanding abilities. Growing in knowledge of music and understanding of writing. It is something we all do in our own ways. Progress.
A passionate performance of original interpretation. Music is something that is to bring us peace.
Collaborating is a unifying piece to existence."


Jeremy Caywood is in the last days of his Kickstarter campaign to produce his first solo record, "Last Ticket to Heaven". Throw him a few bucks by this Friday to pre-order the record and help 'Support Pittsburgh Music'! I want to thank him for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
"Take Off Your Pants and Jacket" Blink-182. My parents were so proud.

Your last album bought?
"The Peoples Key" Bright Eyes. Released a few years back but haven't purchased a disc in a while.

Favorite album of all time?
"I'm Wide Awake It's Morning" Bright Eyes. Gave me the inspiration to follow my own songwriting path.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
A difficult choice... because I truly do enjoy most music I listen to, however the performer, The Tallest Man on Earth who has released a few records had one in his mix that disappointed me. Titled "Shallow Grave", the album offers more technical guitar performance but the vocal was lost for me. Taught me a lesson: don't smoke cigarettes kids!

First concert attended?
First concert I ever attended was I believe an *NSYNC concert back in elementary school... so for the sake of it, I'll reference the Blink-182 final tour before their official break up. Right after their self-titled album and Travis Barker popped up out of the ground to give a 20 minute drum solo… after which I caught a drumstick he threw into the crowd.

Last concert?
Last concert I went to was the Conor Oberst with Dawes show at the Carnegie Music Hall of Homestead. He taught me so much about music and life and performance and existence, seeing him live for the second time topped the first and truly showed a growth of an individual.

Favorite concert ever?
Favorite concert... just one?! Conor Oberst with Dawes at the Carnegie Music Hall of Homestead, Bruce Springsteen at the Civic Arena, and Simon and Garfunkel Reunion tour 1 back in the early 00's, if I remember correctly. They played at the Civic Arena and I knew my calling.

Least favorite concert?
This is a hard one. I can only say this because the next time I saw them they were 100 times better, Coheed and Cambria with Avenged Sevenfold back in 2010? At the Chevy Amphitheater, they had no life in comparison to their recordings. The other time I caught them in Chicago, incredible!


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
My favorite thoughts about Pittsburgh are often location based, Mt. Washington view, the ever growing arts and food services, knowing I grew up here. Favorite experiences… more are always occurring. The first and second annual 3 Hour Rock tour on the Gateway Clipper hosted by Round Black Ghosts and Chet Vincent and the Big Bend, The Pittsburgh Arts Fest has always stuck out in my mind, as well as the community I am privileged to share and be a part of here in Pittsburgh. A growing songwriter community. Stellar friends who are all around me. A good family. Pittsburgh is home.

Thanks, Jeremy. Would really love to see you reach the goal, man.

No comments: